MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

I sure hope you had as much fun during the weekend as my family did – being with family, who are your friends, is the best! I thank God for the experience we have each and every time we are together. There is no bickering, trying to “one up” the other, or backbiting among us. Except of course, in jest and good-natured fun! We do tease each other unmercifully at times! We are who we are and we never put on airs!

There have been those that come and try to hang with us, but most cannot handle our sense of humor or young party mentality! Those people we just call “old!”

While the ribs were cooking (check out Mushy’s Cookings) we entertained each other with laughter, beer, cigars, with the obligatory photo ops of the Dragons and Knights, and Noel’s guitar pickin’ & playin’!

There is also the panorama view of some East Tennessee farm country, a green mountain vista, thunderheads taking their own sweet time up distant valleys, an occasional deer crossing the field, and birds of all kinds flying overhead. What a wonderful part of the country we live in and we appreciate it immensely.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing a little of it with us.

10 comments:

David Sullivan said...

You guys in Tennessee sure know how to relaxxxx!

Mel said...

YUM!! It looks like so much fun!

Hey, I am tennesse bound this weekend, I am going to a greyhound thing in Gatlinburg. I dont think I have been there before, if I did I was little and dont remember anything.

BRUNO said...

Yeah, I had a pretty good time, too, after I got "into the groove" again! And I enjoyed my "visit" with you, too! Thanks for some "good" memories!

(But to be totally honest, I'm glad it's OVER, again for a little while! Be nice to get back "in my regular rut" for a bit!)

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Hard to remember sometime Bruno, but like I said, it serves a purpose - they get to live once again, at least in our memories.

It's worth the pain - don't you think?

Alex said...

I'll come hang - and party my ass off - if I'm ever in your area, bro. But you have to return the favor next time you're in Toronto (or wherever it is I'll be next year, heh).

Miss Trashahassee said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all!

BFF,
Miss T

FHB said...

That's as cool as it gets. Maybe in about 20 years I'll be there. You've all really done well for yourselves. Huge envy.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

God has blessed us all.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

So Mushy,

When are you sending the jet, to come and pick me up? I'm free Thursday.. I'll bring wine.

phlegmfatale said...

That Memorial Day gathering looks like a hoot, and in one more beautiful Tennessee setting. Nice.