MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: WHAT THE HELL!

Thursday, March 29, 2007

WHAT THE HELL!

I called my family physician today to see if I have cancer! (To review, the doctor was to compare my last xrays and determine if I need a CAT scan.) “It’s been a week today,” I stress!

“Well, the doctor went home sick today,” the nurse says. What the hell?

"I'll take another note and call you on Monday," she says.

"I want an appointment Monday! I'll talk to the doctor myself," I say.

"Okay sir, but I'll be glad to put another note on my computer and get back with you." What the hell?

Anyway, I was released by my orthopedic doctor today and told to go into physical therapy. My shoulder was fine, except I had a little infection in one of the five invasive holes he left in my shoulder. So, he sees some pus and proceeds to squeeze the crap out of it, and then sticks a wooden stick about a 1/4" into the opening with some silver nitrate on it to cauterize the wound. What the hell?

So, I am settin' here into my fourth Killian, listening to some blues and wondering, what the hell - my shoulder don't hurt at all!

10 comments:

Miss Trashahassee said...

Owie kazowie!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Don't be too hard on the doc when you see him Monday!

BFF,
Miss T

Marie said...

I guess HE'S not too worried about things!

Les Becker said...

Aw, Mushy, ya poor guy. At least your pissy day ended in beer, though. And Suzi's "flappy vagina wings". Can't ask for much more than that.
Give that doctor what-for, though, on Monday. The wondering must be hell.

HottCops said...

Surely if you had cancer they would have noticed something in the bloodwork they did before you had surgery? They did bloodwork, right?

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I'm not really too concerned, I saw the xray the area looked old to me...with calcium deposits within it, which is usally an indicator.

I used to smoke and was exposed to TB once, so it could be anything.

Besides, I am breathing well now and can walk and chew gum at the same time.

BTW...it's a female doctor I've known since high school, so we have been friends a long time. I think she will take care of me and I understand that her husband just died from a freak accident two weeks ago. She is only human.

See ya!

Just keep a good thought for me and it will be fine.

FHB said...

Well, ya just don't read the word "Pus" often enough these days, do ya? Jeeez. Got to be drivin' ya crazy, but the stuff you said about knowing your doctor and her issues seems to explain things. Glad to hear that you're feeling stronger. Chomping at the bit to get out on the trail again?

BRUNO said...

Awww, you didn't need the surgery, anyway! All you needed was a FIFTH, maybe a SIXTH, brewsky!!!

Becky said...

OUch! I think the rest of us are in pain!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Thanks everyone who cared enough to comment!

The latest is that the doctor's office called today and apparently everything is fine. It only took the doc's help 2.5 weeks to remember what the hell they were doing!

phlegmfatale said...

man, that silver nitrate is great for stopping ulcerated tissue in its tracks.

Cruel of them to leave you hanging like that, though.