MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: GLOBAL WARMING IS KILLING ME

Monday, December 18, 2006

GLOBAL WARMING IS KILLING ME

I have already posted more than I intended for Christmas, only really planned on one retro bit I wrote months ago, and here it is spring again. Kind of kills the mood!

It was around 70 today, perfect for outside work, but I did not plan on doing as much as we did. Ms. Mushy thought it was a good idea to trim the holly bushes in front of the "Ponderosa," and handed me a limb trimmer. That will never work – it will take too long I explained. This is going to be a “chainsaw massacre!” Which, by the way, was the second day in a row I tortured my shoulders using the blame thing.

Anyway, after her fussing at me for nearly falling on the darn thing, and for having it too close to my leg at one point, and Baylee trying to take the lawnmower away from me, we finished dragging everything to the back in a little over three hours.

After eating everything I could find and taking a shower, I tried to lie down – both shoulders objected so here I am. I may be here all night if I cannot find something to ease the gnawing pain. After the first of the year, that is right after Jackson Hole, I am going to bite the bullet and have the shoulder spurs removed. In pain is not the way to live – I am not even half the man I used to be - got to get ready for spring yard work!

Thank goodness it will be 10 degrees colder tomorrow and maybe I can rest – or go to Bailey’s. Yeah, Bailey’s, that’s the ticket!

14 comments:

Jose said...

Ola amigo! I would love to buy your book but I want an authographed copy, how do I go about getting one. Let me know.

CyberCelt said...

Its is hell getting old. A friend of mine is having that done to his shoulder the day after Christmas. What a deal, heh? They have to do it before the new year deductible comes in.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Welcome Home...

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Jose - I don't have anymore personally, bought all I could in the beginning!

The only way to get it autographed would be to buy one through Lulu.com and mail it to me, and me back to you, but that gets cumbersome!

If I could sell a couple of thousand, I'd go on the road for book signings! What a dreamer!

Thanks for the interest though.

I need Ron Howard to make it into a movie - don't know him do ya? Then I'd bring one to you - free!

Anonymous said...

OMG you have Ponderosa Pines?????
I make Pine needle baskets from the needles of them. If you decide to pick some up I know someone who would really use them.
Here in Wisconsin I can't find needles that work. They are to wimpy so when I go to Colorado I bring a BIG bag of needles home with me.
The weather here has been pretty warm it has been in the 50's for us that is pretty darn warm this time of year.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

No, "Ponderosa" is what my dad used to call his place, so I took the liberty of using it (inside joke I guess). I'll put quotes around it...maybe then there will no confusion.

If you need some standard old yellow or white pine...I've got that!

BRUNO said...

Bailey's---That sounds like a good substitute for DOCTOR'S OFFICE, and you won't mind the wait, either!

phlegmfatale said...

I hope those shoulders are feeling much better really soon.

FHB said...

Drugs my man. Drugs. My dad had that shit and had it operated on when I was a little kid. Had the scars on both sholders as long as I can remember. Good luck with that. And as far as the heat is concerned, how does 85 sound? Sucks big ones if you ask me. Suposed to rain and get colder soon though.

kuanyin333 said...

You've been tagged by your buddy, the Blog-Blond to write Six Weird Things About Me! Come play with me, ok?

Anonymous said...

If you run out of gardening, you can drive on over to my place. The past weekend was in the 70's. I'm not complaining because I hate cold weather.

Love your puppy. We have three. They are girls, old, sick, but we love them just like family.

Anonymous said...

Your rugged outdoormanship is quite impressive.

As for the shoulder pain, my hiking club always says
V I C O D I N

Anonymous said...

I hesitate to ask, cuz I just know you're gonna say, "I've posted pictures about this before!" but...........is that a black Lab?

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

"I've posted pictures about this before!" Yes!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

O yeah...lab...sorry.