MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: LAST DAY OF LEAF PEEPING IN TENNESSEE

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

LAST DAY OF LEAF PEEPING IN TENNESSEE



One of my brothers-in-law and I did a “leaf peeper” hike at Frozen Head State Park near Wartburg, Tennessee today. I think today was “peak day” especially since there was a heavy frost last night. So, today may have been the last day to enjoy the great colors of fall. The summer, like life, seems to end so quickly, but it sure goes out with a bang! That is my plan as well!

[CLICK TO ENLARGE]

8 comments:

FHB said...

Purdy.

Jose said...

Everytime I see your pictures I wonder "Where are the houses, the building, the freeways, the graffity?" As you can see I have been and still am a city boy.

I take my pictures with a Sony Mini Disc camera, I like it because I don't have to down load them, they go straight to the disc.

http://joecoolsblog.blogspot.com/2006/07/arizona-its-dry-heat.html

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

FHB - thanks

Jose - You photos are good too, but I like my system, plus I mess with Photo Shop on some of them too.

I like to see the world as I see it through my sunglasses!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. I'm not a winter person so I would like to just segue from fall to spring. Fortunaly for me I now live in a two month long winter.

Anonymous said...

I love the Pictures. I live in Middle Tennessee and it is just as beautiful. Being from Florida, I really love this time of year!

Bits

*Goddess* said...

We used to have woods like this right across the street from our place. Mr. G and the pup used to hike in once a day and "meditate" among the trees and the woodland critters. Unfortunately my money hungry neighbor divided it into lots and now there are five or six houses mucking up the view;(

Anonymous said...

I spent a couple of summers living with my grandparents who had moved to eastern Tennessee (Johnson City). I loved it, it's a beautiful state.

phlegmfatale said...

wow, what a breathtaking quartet of photos this is - well done!