MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: VISITING COREY

Friday, August 05, 2011

VISITING COREY

Corey has been hard at it for several weeks now; I think he puts in about 10 months of work a year at Harriman High as the "guidance counselor" and scheduling classes for all the students.  He even took a few questions today from teachers during our short visit.  I know he's busy and I hate to stop and bother him, but I can't help but see his vehicle as I pass by the high school on the way home and long to see him.  So, it was today...I just had to see my boy!

We always find lots to talk about, and if there is a lull one of us brings up the girls...and today was no different with him showing me new photos on his iPhone of Lily in her new kindergarten uniform with her new short haircut.  We're not used to the short hair yet, but she does look so cute and even a little grown up with it.

They grow up so fast...It seems like just yesterday I was rocking Corey to sleep while singing "Wild Fire", or playing football in the swimming pool, or watching him win his first pinewood derby, or teaching him how to walk through the woods deer hunting.  It all goes so fast, and it's all I can do to impress upon him every time we're together to spend as much time as possible with Lily and Kinsley.  Tomorrow they will be bringing boys home and the next day gone on a honeymoon, and he'll wish a thousand times he had them back home!

We are only promised 70 or 80 years, King James Bible - The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away, and it flies by so fast, and can even be cut short...way too short.

Anyway, I had a great day and visit with my son.  I pray we both receive our full due in blessed days!

So very proud of you son!

1 comment:

FHB said...

You're a great dad. Happy for you both.