MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: IT'S BEEN A HAPPENING!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

IT'S BEEN A HAPPENING!

As I've posted, my brother visited this week and he and I spent the first day making the rounds and doing a little target practice.

On the second day, he and I joined up with my son Corey and did some "manly man" shopping.  We also ate a Wild Wings and visited The Irish Times for a couple of black & tans!  I thought for a minute there was going to be trouble over the last wing, but they finally worked it out...they gave it to me!

Friday evening was the annual Christmas gathering of my brother-in-law Ron's old work group.  This year it was at Smoky Mountain Brewery.  The group also included two guys, Andy and Tim, that I haven't known for a couple of years and have accompanied to Roger Waters and AC/DC concerts.  This year, because of my kidney operation, they made the trip without me.

However, it was good to see the guys again and to again see some of the other work group that I've met.

Prior to going to the "brewery", Ron and I had a couple of black & tans at the "pub"...just to warm up!

I think I've written, or at least mentioned, before about the wild retirement party I had back in '05.  It just happened that the Jack Daniels "cheerleaders" visited Bailey's that evening.  Man!  We had a ball touring their "tour" bus, which included laying on their big bed in the rear, and having photos made with them.

Well, as luck would have it, girls promoting Ole Smoky Moonshine appeared at Smoky Mountain Brewery last evening.  So, it was "Déjà vu all over again"!  Again I was trying out what they were selling, getting a free t-shirt, and several hugs for photo ops!

Turns out, Andy took the bill for a table of about 15 of us...what a guy!  If you offered money, he took it and threw it into the pile in the middle of the table.  The cute little waitress made out like a bandit for all her hard work.

Check out Andy's sweatshirt...remember that?!  Ol' Bluto's shirt from Animal House!  It was hilarious and, unfortunately, he has to explain it to every youngster he meets.

One gentlemen in the bunch (don't know his name) performed bar tricks for us and amazed me by pulling this thread from a twenty-dollar bill!  Ever seen that done before...I hadn't.

So, it's been an amazing week...lots of food and brews with the guys...and gals!

Today, Saturday, was a great day too, but I'll save that until next time.

5 comments:

BRUNO said...

You lucky (old!) dog, you!

Just imagining MYSELF in the middle of all that sweet-goodness made me feel all weak an' wobbly!

An' I don't mean from all the FOOD, and BEER, either......!☺

FHB said...

Awesome stuff. For some reason, Google Reader is no longer telling me when you post. I click on your blog and it shows me a post from Dec. 11, 2009.

Right Truth said...

Those girls are like the Hooters girls, they get paid well to look cute and hug old geezers! ha

Hubby and his pals have a yearly excursion to Dayton Ohio to the Ham Radio Convention. Hooters is always one of their stops (or two, or three)

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

It's good clean fun and "now" I'm harmless! Luckily Judy doesn't have a jealous bone in her body.

Misty DawnS said...

Sounds like so much fun! Back in my home state, I had friends, but a small few very close friends (one especially). Now that we've moved, I have many acquaintances and people I get along with very well, but no one I would pick up the phone and call or even go hang out with... I'm really starting to realize how much I miss having something like that.