MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: HOW I'M DOING?

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

HOW I'M DOING?

Actually better than you might think.  Doctors tell me I'm a fast healer.  I'm sleeping in my bed (not the recliner as I've had to in the past) and even lay on the cut side.

I'm still unsteady, weak, sometime confused about dates and number.  However, that was never my strong suit.


The worst part of the ordeal was dealing with the pain drug dilaudid!  Note the circled black button.  This made me fight my care givers violently and hallucinate vividly.  My recommendation is don't take it!

It was a 2cm, stage 1 cancer, that didn't get involved with anything but some surrounding fat.  No chemo or rad treatment necessary.

Should be back to normal in 4 to 5 weeks.

Thanks for your prayers and for asking.

Once I'm fully back to reality, I'll probably post a graphic post HERE!


WARNING: DILAUDID ORAL LIQUID AND DILAUDID 8 MG TABLETS CONTAIN HYDROMORPHONE, WHICH IS A POTENT SCHEDULE II CONTROLLED OPIOID AGONIST. SCHEDULE II OPIOID AGONISTS, INCLUDING MORPHINE, OXYMORPHONE, OXYCODONE, FENTANYL, AND METHADONE, HAVE THE HIGHEST POTENTIAL FOR ABUSE AND RISK OF PRODUCING RESPIRATORY DEPRESSION. ALCOHOL, OTHER OPIOIDS AND CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DEPRESSANTS (SEDATIVE-HYPNOTICS) POTENTIATE THE RESPIRATORY DEPRESSANT EFFECTS OF HYDROMORPHONE, INCREASING THE RISK OF RESPIRATORY DEPRESSION THAT MIGHT RESULT IN DEATH.

4 comments:

FHB said...

Seems like we had that experience with dad once. He was trying to pull things out and kick, so they had to put him deep under. I can't remember when it happened, but when I heard the news about you it triggered the memory. Glad to hear you're good to go.

BRUNO said...

Damn, he's gettin' the "buzz-words" down-pat now, ain't he?

Ya' wanna joust with the "Master-Knight Of The ICU", now?

Choose your weapon: Surly-assed, smart-aleck NURSES? Or "It's an idiopathic-infection", don't know their ass-from-a-hole-in-the-ground DOCTORS?

(I'll hold my "PHYSICAL-battle over the WRONG-drug"-weapon, for a coup-de-gras!) Remind me to tell you about that one some day!

I think it was back there around Hospital Stay # 4 or 5, somewhere...???

Scott from Oregon said...

Cab I call you Frankenstein?

Franky?

Good to hear the good prognosis.

That scar is a shark attack story just waiting for a good liar...

Right Truth said...

I'm so glad that they got it out, no radiation or chemo, that is a true blessing. God answers prayers and he works through physicians, I truly believe that.

Take care, I mean that. Follow doctor's orders.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com