MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: THIRTY YEARS - SEEMS LIKE ONLY YESTERDAY

Saturday, June 12, 2010

THIRTY YEARS - SEEMS LIKE ONLY YESTERDAY

June 12th is our anniversary!

Seems like yesterday that we got together again at our 15th year class reunion, where David Arp told me he'd whip my butt if I didn't ask Judy to dance (click to re-read the story). Well, little did he know that I needed no prompting, but I have to admit it was hard to pass up a good fight with David. We had such a history in fighting after school (click to re-read our fight-club history)!

Anyway, I did ask her to dance and, seventeen years after falling for her Betty Davis eyes out behind the Carol Ann drive-in, I was sitting in her living room watching the sun come up. I was with the love of my life. She had been special to me for a long time, and we were finally together the way I'd always dreamed.

Thirty years is a long time, but our life has been so blessed that the time has zipped by like months instead of years. I think we may have had one or two heated discussions, but I can't say we've ever really fought. We knew we were blessed with finding another chance at love and we were determined not to mess it up. We also decided long ago that if we ever reached a point we couldn't stay married, we would still live in our home together! Strange, but we ain't leaving!

I can't image ever wanting to call it quits, and never can Judy. We are so thankful for these thirty years and we ask God to give us at least thirty more!

I love you Judy and always will.

Thanks for the memories and happiness!

Pictures from the past 30 years:

















This is our wedding photo - 1980!

5 comments:

FHB said...

You're a lucky man. WAY lucky. Happy for you both. 30 years is cool as hell.

BRUNO said...

My romancing wasn't quite as "Shakespearian" as yours, with the "bells-'n-whistles"!

Mine'd read more like a 10-cent drugstore-novel---and with EQUAL-enjoyment.

I ain't got many pictures---but I got a helluva-good story, at least for someone of MY "social-standing"!

One of these days I'll "get a round-tuit", which'll allow me to write it all down.

(And publish it AFTER I'm dead...!)

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Hit is with it now Bruno!

BRUNO said...

Maybe once it cools-off again. I only A/C two-rooms in the downstairs---an' the computer room/office ain't one of 'em....!

Suldog said...

Congratulations to both of you. Finding a soul mate in this world is the greatest blessing there is (I know, because I have one, too.)