MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: I HAD A DREAM COME TRUE THIS WEEKEND

Sunday, December 13, 2009

I HAD A DREAM COME TRUE THIS WEEKEND

For years, when my dad would drive down Pansy Hill in Harriman, I have dreamed of one day getting to go inside the Stowers "Mansion"! I got that opportunity Saturday and it was a dream come true! It's exactly what you would expect from a Victorian Queen Anne home...beautiful white-oak woodwork and plush period furniture. I took lots of photos, fearing I may never get another opportunity.

HERE THEY ARE for your viewing pleasure!

Don't forget to double click the photos to see the larger, or on "All Sizes" icon to see them original size.

5 comments:

BRUNO said...

I've got a neighbor on "the next hill over" who built a replica of one of these Victorian-style homes. He used "fake-brick", gave it more of a castle-look. I love those Victorian-era homes, especially a "real"-one!

The neighbor, being an engineer by trade, drew his own blueprints, using a former funeral-home which was built in the early 1900's, as his initial design.

Strange-lookin' in it's own way, but it is super-modern inside!

I'd give a left-knut to live in one of those...

Scott from Oregon said...

Love the oak stairs...

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Me too...on both counts!

Suldog said...

Cool. I'm gonna go look at the photos now.

trulyjulie said...

I've always been curious about what the Stower's place looked like. Thanks for the Historic Christmas tour in the comfort of my own home (well it's really work). Julie