MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: SO, DID I MENTION I'VE BEEN TO FLORIDA?!

Monday, May 11, 2009

SO, DID I MENTION I'VE BEEN TO FLORIDA?!

Well, here are the meals we enjoyed while at Cape San Blas! If you want to see the beach photos and wildflower pictures, go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/23056599@N00/sets/72157617881015893/ and check'em out! Mine you...you'll need a 15 to 20 minutes of free time.

The seafood was wonderful...after all, Apalachicola is the "Oyster Capitol of the World!"

We had them raw. We had them Mexicali Baked. We had them Rockefellered (no it ain't a word)! Great either way!

A little hint, next time you are at a fancy seafood house, order Basa fish! Wonderful! Some places sell it for Grouper anyway, so you might as well order it by its proper name! Great tasting fish!

Anyway, here are the photos of the food, and Cape San Blas is so remote that each meal was a minimum investment of a round trip drive of 50 miles...some were over a 100, but worth every minute of the investment!

"FRIED SHRIMP" AT BOSS OYSTERS

"FRIED JUMBO SHRIMP" WITH BLACK BEANS AND RICE AT BOSS OYSTERS

"SEAFOOD PLATTER" AT TOUCAN'S

"SCALLOP PLATTER" AT HARRY A'S

"RICE ENCRUSTED SCALLOPS WITH JALAPENO SAUCE" AT THE SUNSET COASTAL GRILL

"RAW OYSTERS" AT BOSS OYSTERS

"RAW OYSTERS" AT BOSS OYSTERS

"FRIED OYSTER BASKET" AT HARRY A'S

OLD FASHIONED ICE CREAM PARLOR IN APALACHICOLA

"MEXICALI BAKED OYSTERS" AT TOUCAN'S

"EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK OMELET" AT CAROLINE'S ON THE RIVER

"KEY LIME PIE" AT TOUCAN'S ON MEXICO BEACH

"OYSTERS ROCKEFELLER" AT TOUCAN'S


"POORBOY BREAKFAST SANDWICH" AT CAROLINE'S ON THE RIVER

"BLACKENED SHRIMP WITH GRITS" AT BOSS OYSTERS

15 comments:

Jeni said...

OMG! The size of those oysters! And that food! Wow. I do hope you realize that I am going to blame you and your photos for the 10 pounds I probably just gained in looking at all that good stuff!
Peace.

Shrinky said...

Sign me up for the shrimp! (I have yet to bring myself to try raw oysters, though hubby highly recommends them - ugh.)

Mushy my friend, as I keep on saying, 'tis a truly charmed life that you lead.. looks wonderful, Florida obviously suits you. Smile.

Sandi McBride said...

I'm a shrimp and grits girl myself, learned to love them at Myrtle Beach...Mac loves the oysters and nearly dived thru the monitor when he saw the bounty of raw oysters! Here it is not even 6 in the morning and I'm hungry!
Sandi

PRH said...

Harkins me back to my days growing up in Venice, Florida. Dad and us boys would "gather" our own Oysters...fixed em' just about eveyway you could...still love me some fresh oysters....great stuff Mushy!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Thanks guys...I knew you would enjoy food pictures more than a long tell-all!

Les Becker said...

ROTFL!! You remind me of Bubba in "Forrest Gump": "Shrimp barbecue, shrimp gumbo, shrimp soup, shrimp sandwich...."

Loved the photos, as always. Excuse me. I must go eat.

BRUNO said...

Why, there's so many different types of flavors there, my bowels wouldn't give up the enjoyment of such a banquet for at least a week---and even then, reluctantly...!

Unknown said...

I can't ever eat enough shrimp and crab, but oysters depend on the preparation. Sounds like a great time!

FHB said...

Mmmm, that looks like one of my weekends. Love it! Can't beat all that sea food with a stick.

Needless to say though, whatever diet you had going has gone tits up in the sand... has bit the dusty trail. I say good riddence. Fat hairy bastards of the world unite!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Count me in!

Suldog said...

Oh, man! That's a great tour of Florida food! Love me some seafood, and luckily enough I get as much as I want living in (near) Boston.

Scott from Oregon said...

Or Lordy!

My aching diet...

Lin said...

Oh, oh, oh ... What I wouldn't have given to be sitting there with you guys. Fresh seafood is something I miss so darned much. Heck, even the photos are giving my ulcer fits right now - guess I'll go take another antacid. But I sure enjoyed the photo tour!

Gregorio said...

Those oysters look awesome.I believe they were calling my name and saying something like eat me.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

They were very vocal!