MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: I'M STILL BLOGGING - JUST NOT HERE AS MUCH

Friday, May 15, 2009

I'M STILL BLOGGING - JUST NOT HERE AS MUCH

Most of my time lately has been devoted to my Princess Theater blog, and the stage show production "Appalachian Dreams" that will happen this coming Saturday.

The show will star local celebrity Bill Landry (star of the "Heartland Series"), and is directed by Michael Golebiewski (Head of the Humanities Department at Roane State Community College - RSCC).

The show, first of many to come, will raise funds needed to restore the Princess Theater to her former glory, and create an arts and cultural center that will help revitalize Downtown Harriman, Tennessee.


Anyway, as you will see from the blog, everyone has been very busy rehearsing for the show. The show is made up of area talent, and will be shown in a format similar to Garrison Keillor's "Pairie Home Companion" show on PBS. The crew and some of the acting talent is made up of students from Bill Landry's Media Production class at RSCC. It will be quite an experience for all involved.When rehearsal was over last evening, a storm had just passed through the area, leaving the streets wet. As I passed the Princess Theater in town, on my way home, noticed that someone had left the marquee lights on outside. I pulled over and snapped this photo. It almost appeared that the theater was open again. That is the dream...that one day soon it will be open for business once again.

11 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

We have a few theatres like that around. They are all open (earthquake retrofitting was the problem when they closed down) and we are better for them being open.

FHB said...

That's a great shot! I know it's makin' you happy to see all this progressing the way it is. You're doin' a great job with the other blog. Makes me wish I could come and see the show.

BRUNO said...

Yeah, which would leave ME working the concession stand for the big, FHB!

God only knows how many hot dogs that behemoth could choke down during the show....???

FHB said...

Mmmmm, dogs! How many you got?

BRUNO said...

Ya' SEE???

He must've smelled 'em on the web---er, wind!---and now, here he is!

Pardon me---I gotta go get my apron on, and fill the mustard bottles....!

Bro. Byron said...

That is a great shot!

PRH said...

Good shot Mushy, and yes we are all(at least the old gang, you, FHB, Bruno, Lin, Shrinky, and others) are posting far less these days...guess it means we have lives outside the internet.

Grandpa-Old Soldier said...

Who says old sky cops don't have any class.. Ha. lookin good

FHB said...

Lives outside the net? Fuck, I'm on the road all day!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Move...

FHB said...

One of these days.