MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: PAPERBACK WRITER!

Friday, January 25, 2008

PAPERBACK WRITER!


The paperback version of "The Laugh & Times of Mushy" is up and ready at Lulu.com.

As I've said, it's a compilation of blog post from Mushy's Moochings (Also known as a blook!). This blog was started in early 2006 with the express intention of leaving some documentation of "who and what" I am/was to my children and grandchildren.

I was thrilled to find out that my memoirs were of interest to many other bloggers, and especially to those I have listed in my "blogrolls," which is really a list of all the new friends I made while engaged in this project.

With that said, I want everyone to know that you should feel no obligation to buy the new "self-published" book. After all, you have been privy to the posts as they happened! Therefore, please do not get the impression I am pushing this off on you. (Shhhhh, maybe folks just now arriving will be interested!)

The "proof copy" in hard cover, arrived a few days ago and I was thrilled with everything but the back cover. I have made some revisions, added a few more chapters, and I have admit the two (including Cross+Hairs) look pretty good sitting here on my desk!

Inside the latest, you will find over 113,000 words, 311 pages, made up of over 124 chapters, most of which were posted here.

Anyway, I wanted you all to know!

Thanks for your faithful following here!

Love you all...meant it!

10 comments:

Suldog said...

Well, you already know I purchased a copy, but I just wanted everyone else to know it, too. I'm looking forward to receiving it and settling in for a nice long read of all those great Vietnam posts. Those alone will be worth the price.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Much grass...as my brother in law has been known to say!

Sul...I do appreciate, and it's not the little profit I might make, it's knowing someone cares enough to want something I've created for themselves. It really means a lot...I suppose that comes from the "daddy thing"...still need that feedback!

I also, wish you would consider documenting your tales as well. You are a "cesspool" of information on many subjects that people would really buy!

Les Becker said...

I *will* be buying copies (both - I'm sure they'll look good on my desk, too - :-D ). I had some trouble with the shopping cart at Lu-Lu last time, but that was from my "work computer" and I imagine I'll be able to to get them now. Ummm.... well... once I have another job. Your books are reason enough to pound pavement, Mushy!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Les - Sorry...they take mine freely! However, I do use PayPal to pay...maybe that's easier...I don't know.

Anyway...I'm honored!

FHB said...

Hell, I didn't have any trouble gettin' Cross Hairs. And yea, I'll probably end up gettin' this one too, though I'd prefer the unabridged version. Good luck with it bubba.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Thanks all...my satisfaction has already been realized. Selling them was not the explicit purpose.

Now Cross+Hairs...I expect a Rambo type movie from that!

PRH said...

Good Work..if I should buy one, I expect it to be an autographed one...just in case you become another Hemmingway!

;)

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

No chance in that Pat!

That 1 Guy said...

Give me a few weeks, and I'll be getting them, too!

The Hope Blog said...

Hi,
After finding out that you'd linked to Secondhand Hope I had to check out your terrific blog! Congratulations on your books. I have loved using Lulu. They do a great job. Never a complaint. May you enjoy much satisfaction (plus success with your books) through them. I look forward to reading great things about them on your blog.

Be sure to stop in if you're in Strawberry Plains! Heck, we'd even drive over to the interstate exit. Thanks again and good luck on it all!
Gayle
gayle@hopeforhealing.org