MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: MY BUCKET LIST

Saturday, January 19, 2008

MY BUCKET LIST

If I were doing a “bucket list,” I would have to include lunch with the family at the Smoky Mountain Brewery, a movie afterwards, and then to come home and find my book in the mail one more time!

That’s the summary of today, and it was so nice.

Yes, again we went to the Smoky Mountain Brewery. Tracy, Katie, and Eddie had never eaten there, but I have a feeling they will be going back soon!

Katie had Buffalo Shrimp, Eddie tried one of the big burgers, Tracy got the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, and Judy and I halved a Chicken Ruben! Everyone enjoyed their iced tea while I again indulged in a Pale Ale (a seasonal beer not on the menu)! I incorrectly identified it in the previous post as “red ale” but it was the “pale ale” we raved about then. All their beer is microbrewed on the premises.

Eddie had to go to work and get some exercise machines working at The Rush, while the rest of us took in “The Bucket List.”

When I left the theater and headed for the restroom, my jaws were aching from holding back my emotions. I don’t know if it was because of what’s going on with Ron, getting older myself, or if it was just great acting, but I hurt from trying not to cry during the last 30 minutes of the movie! It is good folks…really good.

Like I said, Eddie had already gone back to work, so Judy went with Tracy and Katie shopping. Judy tossed me her car keys, knowing I did not want to go shopping, so I headed home.

When I check the mailbox, there was the hardcopy book I had ordered from Lulu.com. Wow! The Laugh & Times of Mushy” was beautiful in all its orange and green colors! It is almost like someone sent me a new baby through the mail. I was so thrilled to finally be holding a “draft” copy!

The only thing I’m not pleased with is the back cover…my fault completely, just a little bit out of kilter, so I’ll have to work on that. However, everything else turned out as I had envisioned it. The front cover is exactly like I wanted it and the text turned out looking very nice and professional.

Let me encourage any of my blogger readers, especially those with a blog, to consider doing a “blook!”

I especially think Suldog, Pat, Buck, Lin, and Robert need to consider preserving their writings in a hardcopyblook.” I does not have to be from Lulu, although they make it so easy, but you do need to consider it. It may not be a “best seller” but there are people in your family that would appreciate it…at least someday.

If you want to know more about the process, either go to Lulu.com or send me an email (fuzzbert_1999 at Yahoo dot com).

16 comments:

FHB said...

I'm wantin' to see that movie myself. I think about the Dragons whenever the commercial comes on. Congrats on the book.

Chuck said...

Are they able to put pictures in the blook too?

J said...

That's so cool that you got your book! It must feel so good to have done that, made your own book.

I, for one, am jealous.

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Chuck - No...they don't do pictures within a text book, but they do "picture books", which is pretty cool for some purposes. You could make your own coffee table book!

Right Truth said...

My Bucket List for Monday, and hubby's, is to get out of the hospital, go home, snuggle each other and out Beagle. Hubby's Bucket List includes playing his bass guitar at as many places and times as possible. His love his music.

Thank you for your prayers and comments, very much appreciated. He's doing great, laying here watching the football games from his hospital bed.

Debbie Hamilton
Right Truth

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day indeed Mushy. I definitely want to see "The Bucket List." Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are two of my favourite actors.

A 'blook" eh ? That is very cool. Congratulations on that.

Buck said...

The book looks pretty danged cool, Mushy. Congrats!

And thanks for the shout-out. Much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

good info on the blook I had never checked into but I will now...I think I might break my abstinence from the movie watching and go see this one...

FHB said...

Shit! I meant to say the Knights, but you knew that.

Les Becker said...

Great movie (I've started my 'Bucket List' since watching it, which I hope to post soon)! It sounds like one perfect day, too, Mushy, if you would want to live it again unchanged. Those days don't come too often, do they?

Kate said...

I'm glad to hear that you had such a wonderful day and I'm also glad to see that you haven't stopped this blog. I always look to you when I'm having trouble in my young life, because I have read about your troubles and see that you're a-ok now and we all get through the "lemons" in life. Thanks for that!

Lin said...

Heh,heh, heh, still laughing at FHB's correction in the comments. He'll always have Dragons on the brain.

Thanks for the kind shove on doing a blook. There are so many things I wish I could set to paper but will likely not in the end. I am so glad that you persevered and did so.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Kate - Sorry I missed your comment, but just wanted to say thanks.

Anonymous said...

post your own Bucket Lists with everyone else's at ListAfterList.com here:
http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/54/tag/bucket/Default.aspx
then compare and contrast with all the other listers

Harriet said...

hey! saw the bucket list too today! was exactly the same trying not to cry for the last half an hour, my mum was next to me all teary eyed and the women behind me was full blown crying, you could hardly hear the film over her!!