MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: THE KNIGHTS PLAY

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

THE KNIGHTS PLAY

Three of us Knights played today while the Dragons shopped. Yes, yesterday was my anniversary, but shopping comes first these days!

The two sidekicks and I walked around Gander Mountain, River Sports Outfitters, and the Leaf & Ale today before settling down at the Kingston Alley Grill and Ale House. There we each had 22 ounces of Sierra Nevada or Bud (yuck)!

As I have stated, we are looking around for a new “day on the town” headquarters, and Kingston Alley is about to convenience us to move from Bailey’s Sports Grille. We feel that Bailey’s has begun to let us down the last few visits. Once they were out of coleslaw, ketchup, and the pizza oven was broken. Further we have begun to notice that Bailey’s is smokier than it used to be, as if their filtering system is on the blink. The bathroom often runs out of paper towel, and some of the food is not quite on the same par as it was a year ago, and they have dropped some of our favorite eats.

Worst yet, the last few beers I have had there tasted like the taps were not being cleaned properly. Although, we did stop by there today to enjoy one last beer and a cigar before heading home and the beer had the proper taste. Maybe things have made a turn! We actually hope so, because we have made some good friends with a couple of the waitresses there and we hate to say goodbye.

Meanwhile back at Kingston Alley we ordered lunch and all three of us had a wonderful dinning experience!

Ron had the Crunchy Grouper – a grouper fillet topped with cheddar and pepper jack, served with cilantro lime tarter sauce.

Steve had the Black and Blue Salad – Large Caesar salad topped with grilled sirloin, blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and bacon bits.

I decided to experiment with the Asian Chicken Salad – Roasted chicken served over mixed greens and carrots and cabbage tossed in sesame dressing topped with water chestnuts, fried wonton, and mandarin oranges.

Kingston Alley just may win the prize to become our new HQ, but we still have high hopes that the new Wild Wing Café, opening Friday on the west end of town, will become our favorite hangout!

On the way west bound on I-40, we encountered a back up several miles long. Before we could get to an exist, that would allow us to cross-country home, the man who does not believe in naps and thinks those that take them are sissies…fell asleep!

Gotcha! It is now officially documented! You have been bloggered Steve!

10 comments:

Ron Southern said...

Sometimes I fall asleep at the computer like you pictured Steve. Sometimes I think I was actually just resting. Other times I know I was on another planet Fortunately for me, people seldom disturb me out here unless the phone rings. Idiot phone.

FHB said...

It was the steak, put him out. That Black and Blue looked good.

Suldog said...

I agree with the fat hairy one. That food looks fine! I think you've got a winner there.

Jose said...

Darn, did you have to show me all these food when I'm hungry. It all looks great right now. Sounds like again you all had a great time.

BRUNO said...

I can't even remember the last time I had a "beer-on-tap", so I never would've noticed the difference!

But now, when it comes to the FOOD---hey, one has to draw the line there, buddy!

Scott from Oregon said...

Y'all got Sierra Nevada out there? Brewed in Chico, mind you. That's a town full of beer drinking college kids...

Can't believe it...

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Sheesh, that looked good, no wonder poor old steve had to sleep it off. You sure do seem to live a charmed existence, my friend!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I do indeed and thank God for it and them daily. I'll ride it for as long as He gives me.

I just don't want to sit in that wheel chair, as I've said, and have regrets - just good memories to re-live over and over until it fades to black.

Anonymous said...

Guess what? Hubby's band will be opening for Confederate Railroad this Summer. Not bad for a band that's only been together for a few months.

They are GOOD. Hubby has to fit this in with his day job and the rest of his hobbies.

phlegmfatale said...

Your mention of dirty taps reminded me of something I've always noticed in England - in the pubs, they take great care with cleaning their taps thoroughly on a daily basis. I love that commitment to serving up a fresh healthy brew. Long may they wave.