MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: JUNE BLOG FEST – KNOXVILLE AREA

Sunday, June 10, 2007

JUNE BLOG FEST – KNOXVILLE AREA

What a great time I had early this evening at Bailey’s Sports Grille in Knoxville!

I attended the local blogger's monthly Blog Fest and I am very happy I did. I met some wonderful new people, who are great bloggers, and turned out to be new friends.

Naturally, the conversation was about blogging, and I picked up some great information that I will probably act on soon. Turns out I knew at least one and it took us over 30 minutes to figure out where and why we had met. Mark Steel used to do some telecommunications wiring work at one of the DOE plants in Oak Ridge and that is where our paths had crossed.

First photo is Tish from The Kat House and Mark from Blogitude, standing there side-by-side, as if they were a couple or something.

Second photo is of Lissa of Oh…Really?, Rich of Shots Across The Bow who was the instigator/organizer of this affair, and Les of Les Jones who just had to do a little power blogging while the rest of us drank cider and Killian!

Michael of No Silence Here is in the third shot along with Lissa and Les. I apologize for not getting the little one’s name, but she had a great time watching her DVD and dancing around the tables. She was either Michael’s daughter or granddaughter, and I am sorry I did not pay more attention!

In the forth shot, over the glare of Mark’s head, you can see Doug and his son of Reality Me, and Les again. Doug was laying out advantages of owning your own domain here!

Of course, through out the course of the evening, Mark kept trying to impress us with his electronic connection to world.

It was a good time, and even though I was fighting the pain of a separated rib, I am truly glad I persevered and attended the gathering. They are good people who enjoy the fun of blogging and good fellowship. I shall return!

Please click on their embedded links and check out their blogs – you will be glad you did!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mushy! It was great meeting you tonight! You should have gone out to the Eagles Club with us. We had a blast!

Great pics except for the fact that I look like a 'tard! ;)

Looking forward to hanging with ya again!

FHB said...

Looks like a great time. Damn though, a separated rib? Jesus, yer comin' apart right in front of us. Fess up. The wife's beating the hell out of you, isn't she? Poor guy.

*Goddess* said...

Wow. I can't get over how much Tish looks like Alex Borstein from Mad TV. I'm like, "What was SHE doing in Knoxville?!"

Mel said...

SO. Jealous! Not of the rib though.
Looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

*LOL* That is the second time someone has told me that I look like Alex Borstein. I had to google her to look at pics. I guess I do see some resemblence! :)

Anonymous said...

I was great to meet you Mushy! Thanks for the fantastic writeup. Tommy and I really enjoyed ourselves.

See you next time!

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Oh Mushy, I am so jealous! I would give anything to attend something like this.. it must've been some night. Lucky, lucky you!

*Goddess* said...

Only the second time, Tish? Wow. I think you look soooo much like her. Alex is one of my favorites on the show. She really pretty and very funny.

Alex said...

Were there any young hotties? I know, I know - I'm kidding myself. If blogger chicks were attractive, they wouldn't need to blog. =)


(Oh, no offense to the lovely ladies pictured, of course. I am only busting Mushy's hump, not yours.)

Anonymous said...

Good to meet you, Mr Mush ;-)

But I'm confuzzled ... is it Tish and Mark that are a couple? Or you and Tish? Or ... you and Mark?

Heh.

Mark Steel said...

Hey, Lissa... Nice tattoo.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Yeah...I noticed that too!

It's really me and Mark!

Barry Wallace said...

Man, I'm the one that sang for everyone and she didn't show ME her tattoo.... :(

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Barry...sorry I missed your show, but maybe next time.

Looking forward to meeting you as well.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Mushy,

Thanks for introducing us to the crew.

Cheers

David