MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: IT’S ALIVE!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

IT’S ALIVE!

Well, sort of anyway! The Percocet and Benadryl are keeping me zonked out much of the time. I even almost went to sleep in physical therapy this morning…did not feel too much pain at all with the drugs.

I can tell already that I will be progressing much better after the second shoulder surgery. Swinging the arm straight out and up or from the side up does not hurt like before – there is only some uncomfortable tightness. However, going behind, or bending the arm backward of down as you would arm wrestling is a killer, and trying to reach the middle of my back wakes me right up!

I have three little stab wounds, at least two of which were the same holes that were made during the first surgery. Guess I will never be a shoulder model again!

Percocet does not make me etch as Hydrocodone did, but the very end of my nose is driving me crazy! The Benadryl helps, but it keeps me too sleepy, so today is probably the last time I will take it.

I was afraid I was going to have the prostatitis problem again. I started going to the bathroom every fifteen minutes, but as the block medicine wore off, so did the urgency and frequency. The anesthetist tried giving me a shot in the neck that controls the pain in the shoulder and arm to reduce the chances of another reaction, but it did not work. However, the bathroom trips slowed to normal as it wore off late last night. I was so thankful for that. That problem was what kept me from getting rest the first time.

I slept in this chair last night, but took a nice nap in my bed today, so guess I will try the bed tonight.

I really appreciate all the well wishes in the previous post – you guys are wonderful…better than most of my friends. Thanks so much!

I will be back among you soon with a regular post.

Love ya,
Mushy

22 comments:

Suldog said...

Excellent! Glad to hear that the operation appears to have been a help. As for the percs, I've always found oxycodone (percs) much preferable to hydrocodone (vicodin). The hydro gives me the damnedest nightmares.

Alex said...

Good deal. Glad it went well.

BTW, that's a nigh-on Al Bundyesque pose you've got going on there. Just remember - left hand goes under the waistband.

FHB said...

All is right with the world then, or getting better fast. Good deal. Heal up buba. Glad to have you back with us.

Mark Steel said...

Percs don't phase ya, and the Benadryl knocks ya out ... Too funy ... Same thing happens to me ... ;-)

*Goddess* said...

LOL...I don't think they'd appreciate it if ya slept throught PT;)

Michele said...

Hope you are on the mend soon!

david mcmahon said...

G'day Mushy,

Great to hear from you, scout. Dunno about the Benadryl, though. Great if you've got a hacking cough, but it'll make you nod off pretty quick.

Onward, Christian shoulders.

BTW, FatHairyBastard and I (see his blog) reckon you're in the same category as James Bond.

Recover quick, mate.

David

Kevin said...

Glad to hear you made it! Hopefully things will improve for the shoulder now...

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're getting your sleep.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're doing well. You look so innocent when you're sleeping... but we know better! ;)

Lin said...

You do look like you're sleeping like a baby. If the prostate stuff comes back, get some ground saw palmetto berry and either make up capsules or make a tea with it. It's worked very well for a number of my acquaintances. Leave me a comment if you can't find it locally. Not having to get up 5+ times a night is possibly worth giving it a try. I don't like to see people suffer if they don't have to.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Welcome home, bonny lad, I'll bet you're glad to be back again. You do look very vulnerable lying there with your broken wing, it kinda' brings out our mothering instincts! Let's hope you'll soon be back to arm-wrestling fitness soon, eh? Big hugs. x

a faith bigger than fear said...

So glad that everything went well... don't you look so cute and innocent in that chair???? LOL!!! But I know it's all an act!!

Keep us posted!

Jose said...

Love ya too Mushy, get well soon.

alphonsedamoose said...

Glad you're back Mushy. Percs are excellent for pain. Waiting to see your next blog. Take care, good luck with PT

Anonymous said...

I hope you're all better soon, Mushy! :)

Miss Trashahassee said...

Bless your heart, I hope you're feeling mushy better!

BRUNO said...

Of course you prefer US to MOST of your friends---you can turn us OFF, or just downright DELETE us, if we piss ya' off!

Same chair, same position---BUT, less pain than the previous time! Just hope that your A/C holds-up, 'cause winter ain't nowhere near, yet!

Les Becker said...

Snuck in from "Dirt-Side" to wish you well, Mushy. I'm glad it's easier for you this time 'round.

phaseoutgirl said...

Mushy dearest,

Do look after yourself, kind Sir, and come back to us soon...

:)
Cecilia

That 1 Guy said...

Heheheh... looks like you're sleeping well.

Get unbroke soon.

phlegmfatale said...

Poor poppet!