MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: JACKSON, WYOMING WATERING HOLES

Sunday, January 28, 2007

JACKSON, WYOMING WATERING HOLES

Once the Knights & Dragons (-2) unpacked in the Parkway Inn, we hurried off to the Town Square area of Jackson Hole to quench our thirsts. However, we first did the YMCA song moves for the web-cam, which no one was lucky enough to capture – and, there was a prize (oh yeah), but no one has claimed it!

The first watering hole was the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, where you can sit a stride a saddle as you soothe a parched throat with Snake River Pale Ale. I loved sittin’ in the saddle, drinking, and shouting out “get along little dogie”, but the bartender did not seem to get the humor. What did he know…he wore a do-rag instead of a Stetson anyway!

There is a cover charge beginning somewhere between 7:30 and 8PM, depending on when the door dude made it to work! When we got there late, we went across the street to The Rancher and drank $5 pitchers of the same medicine. There’s also a might pretty cowgirl on the wall as you go!

As luck would have it, we missed the “wet T-shirt” night, but we did catch “retarded night” ("Lord forgive me, and I apologize to all the starving pygmies in New Guinea.")! It was entertaining, especially watching one of the helmeted fellows that kept sneaking off to the bar, and trying to get a drink, but some pretty girl kept finding him and leading him back to the "Group R" table. He knew what he was doing! They actually danced better than their chaperons did.

I was quite impressed with them and raised a drink in their honor. God bless’em!

Think I should try that shot on 25peeps? My “Doodad” Jarvis hat might work for me!

11 comments:

FHB said...

Shhhhhh. Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits.

Love it. Got my own version of that hat. Keeps the students giggling as I lecture with it on.

Yer buddy in that one shot, yer brother-in-law, looks like warmed over death. Looks like you guys really know how to have a good time.

Lana said...

I would vote for you 20 times a day with that hat on.
lol get along little doggies sounds like something I would do.

Jose said...

There's a place here in Arizona called Tortilla Flats and they have a bar/retaurant that has saddles instead of stools just like the ones you pictured above.

Sorry to hear you missed the wet t-shirt contest that must have been heart breaking.

Welcome back señor.

*Goddess* said...

LOL! I say "get along little dogie" all the time!
And I HATE do-rags!! They look like condoms for the head...

BRUNO said...

I would bet the pic of the cowgirl would get more attention! However, from the "normal"(?)point of view, YOU may have the needed edge, indeed!

Michele said...

I bet you just Hated missing 'wet tee shirt' night!! *L* Lovely little bonnet I might add,,,

carmilevy said...

I really need to learn how to party. Any pointers?

Nice to e-meet ya. This is my first visit to your site, but I'll be back. Nice vibe!

Les Becker said...

Oh, yes, you SO should put that pic on 25peeps. Do it! Do it! Think of all the friends you'll make! (Of course, some of them may be from the "R" table....)

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

FHB - no it ain't Elmer...the is a play called The Battle of Shallowford that is hilarious and one character is called Doodad and he just stands around and grins with his ear muffs pulled down. You should watch for it your local playhouse. It's all about War of the Worlds from Wells' radio broadcast.

Boz and Les - I submitted to 25peeps!

Bruno - I find my self looking at the picture often!

Carmi - Welcome! Come back anytime and pick up party pointers from an experienced old dude! Just be yourself, or the kid inside. People will either love ya or leave you alone. Either way, I'm happy!

phlegmfatale said...

I think it's ok to call people in a bar "retarded" -- it ain't braggin' if it's true.

Bijoy said...

Nice post, its a Super cool blog that you have here, keep up the good work, will be back.

Warm Regards

The Snake River