MUSHY'S MOOCHINGS: MY “ROCKING CHAIR” DAYS

Thursday, October 19, 2006

MY “ROCKING CHAIR” DAYS

Fall has come to Mushy’s backyard, as it does each year at this time – strange how that works! As my dad always wanted to do when he retired but never really got to enjoy it, I am blessed to sit in my rocking chair drawing my “rocking chair money,” as he called it, and look out upon what God hath made. I just hope, as age continues to creep into my bones and loved ones are given up, that I will continue to see the beauty of the world through life’s pain.

The beauty of this view will never change, as life will. I just pray that my appreciation for it will always remain as unchanged.

10 comments:

Jose said...

May I join you in the praying? In an age where we are killing our environment, it's nice to see that beautyful places still exist and that some of us will never cease to appreciate God's gift to us.

*Goddess* said...

Wow. What a great view. I love to sit outside on my front porch in the morning and relax during my a.m. meditation. It's only then that I realize how much I take it for granted...

Lana said...

Oh reminds me of grumby old men LMAO.

Joubert said...

That view is stunning and yes, I live my rocking chair on the veranda too.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome view... envious, I am.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I appreciate everyone stopping by yesterday - and welcome "that 1 guy", your site is great.

FHB said...

Huge envy. Huge.

JC said...

Its really good to have that view and your backyard is really great if that's really your backyard. I always wanted a backyard like that.... Hope to get it one day...

phlegmfatale said...

wow - I hope that's the view from your rocking chair - stunning!